From a new kitchen remodel to Legislative Day in Des Moines, the Boys Club of Sioux City is staying busy this month.
The Boys Club Kitchen Remodel Heats Up
Construction is underway for our much-needed kitchen and eating area remodel. Our previous kitchen helped us serve 20 children at a time; with the remodel, we’ll soon be able to serve closer to 50. Not only will the new kitchen and expanded eating area help with expected enrollment increases in May, it also includes the creation of three youth learning stations, which we will be able to try out with some one-night-only cooking classes once the remodel is complete. We can’t wait to offer full-scale cooking classes this summer—it’s going to be so much fun! So far it looks like we’re on target for an April completion.
State Youth of the Year Competition in Omaha
Koryatt Woodruff, our Boys Club of Sioux City Youth of the Year, represented us in Omaha on March 16th for the Youth of the Year state competition. He gave a speech and represented the Boys Club of Sioux City well. The winner of the Iowa state competition was from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa. We are so proud of Koryatt and all those who participated in this prestigious program, and it is our honor to continue give them more opportunities to learn, grow, and lead.
The Boys Club of Sioux City heads to Des Moines for Legislative Day
On March 29th and 30th, a group of us from the Boys Club of Sioux City will take to the state capitol for a full day of hands on learning and site-seeing. We’ll tour the capitol building, visit both houses, and witness our state government in action. We’re looking forward to another PB&J Luncheon with legislators to show them how much their work impacts the youth of the state through their support of programs like the Boys & Girls Clubs. Stay tuned for pictures of the trip in the next newsletter!
It’s Baseball Season!
We’ll be starting practice soon! We look forward to participating in the Westside Pee-Wee Little League.
- March 24/25: Jedi Training Camp! Learn the ways of the Jedi through fitness, meditation, and other skills with this fun Star Wars camp!
- March 25: Club member exclusive! Join us for an Easter egg hunt in the afternoon and be on the lookout for candy and prize tickets.
- We are OPEN on March 24th, 25th, and 28th from 10:00 am – 5 p.m. because of spring break.
Please make note of these club-wide programming dates:
- May 2: Summer program calendar will be available
- May 24: Last day of Spring Programming
- May 25 to June 5: Club closed.
- June 6: First day of Summer Programming