Sioux City, IA]  –  Boys Club Christmas Auctions Exceed All Expectations (See photos)

On Tuesday, Dec. 3rd and 10th, the Boys Club of Sioux City hosted their 46th Annual Christmas Auctions. Over 200 supporters attended the events, held each year at Bob Roes Point After and 4th St. Sports Grill in Sioux City, IA.

The Christmas Auctions are the 2nd largest fundraising events of the year for the Club. Patrons had the opportunity to purchase autographed memorabilia such as a Jimmy Buffet guitar, Mohammad Ali boxing glove and a Pink Floyd record album along with three champion bred puppies, vacation trips, home furnishings, and a large selection of toys and holiday gifts.

This year exceeded all financial expectations, generating over $70,000 for the Boys Club. Over $23,000 of that came in from the record-breaking baby pig auction. The auctioneers Randy Stabe, Clint Vos, Brian Rubis, Don Feauto & Lee Harding have been hosting the Boys Club Christmas Auctions since 1977 and started the pig auction 15 years ago with every year’s auction surpassing the year before. The first pig raised $600 and all years combined have raised over $200,000 for the Boys Club.

“Our 2013 auctions were—by far—the largest in its 46-year history and we could not be more appreciative of the Siouxland community’s support,” says Beau Braunger, Boys Club Board Member and Committee Chair.

“To allow all boys access to the Club, our annual membership fee is $10 which is less than 1% of what is costs to put one young person through our programs,” says Board Chair, John Olson, “We are completely dependent on the goodness of the community to provide the remaining 99% and every year they surpass all expectations.”

Annual membership at the Boys Club of Sioux City reaches over 700 Siouxland youth, ages 7 through 18. An average of 115 of these members participate each day after school and during the summer months.

The Boys Club provides a safe environment to learn new skills and create aspirations for the future. Youth that join the Club have access to homework help, sports, leadership programs, fine arts, meal programs and much more.

All donations to the Club stay in the Siouxland Community and are tax deductible.

Photos from the event are posted at www.boysclubofsiouxcity.org

facebook

Join this event on Facebook and stay up-to-date on new auction items!

Huge THANK YOU to all of our auctioneers for donating their time and talents for over 35 years and to all of the businesses and volunteers for their continued support of the Boys Club!    

%d bloggers like this: